Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Writing

I am concerned that my writing style online does not fully convey the thoughts I want them to. Blogging is a new style to me, as I tend to dash off my writing. Unlike my professional writing which involves an outline, freewriting and revisions, I tend to just write quickly so as to participate. I am not sure why I do this. The biggest difference seems to be that when I write normally I tend to cut about 1/4 to 1/2 of what i initially say. Weak thoughts, written tics, and other detritus gets cut out.

I don't really want to do that as much while blogging, lest this enjoyable outlet become drudgery. I feel ok about editing with the initial post, but for comments, much less so. My concern is that my point is being lost.

I wonder what shortcuts or style changes I can make to ensure that quickly written comments convey my meaning. Or perhaps the converse, that hastily read comments/entries can impart the meaning I want them to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home